Perhaps many people will skip the 59th wedding anniversary because the diamond anniversary is only one year to come. However, celebrating each year together is always a special occasion to honor and value all those ups and downs you two have been through.
If you are planning to celebrate your 59th wedding anniversary, don’t miss this article for the world. Scroll down and discover lots of interesting information related to this anniversary!
59th Wedding Anniversary Symbol
There are no specific or special symbols associated with this occasion. However, married couples still use common symbols of love to express their affection for their significant other.
The heart, rose, or images that often come in pairs like swans, pigeons, and wedding rings are some of the symbols reminiscent of love. What matters is the meaning it brings, so you two can also think of anything recalling your sweet memories as the love symbol.
59th Wedding Anniversary Stone
Similar to the symbolism, there is also no stone that represents the 59th wedding ceremony. This is probably an interesting opportunity because you can let your creativity flow when choosing gem jewelry for couples.
Just know what their favorite gems are or choose the stones that fit your budget, and you’ve got a satisfying and luxurious present for the day.
59th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
Having lived together for so many years, you must have memorized his habits and preferences. This makes choosing an accessory to gift your husband on your 59th wedding anniversary a lot easier.
A stylish picnic hat, a watch that adds to his masculinity, a bag that makes him more individual, or sneakers that match his favorite sport, you will make him happy and touched when his wife understands and cares for his appearance so much!
Almost every man likes and plays a certain sport. How about your husband? Why don’t you buy him a sports tool based on his sports interests?
Does he like fishing? Gift him a new fishing rod! Does he like to play chess? An elegant wooden or sophisticated stone chess set will surprise him! And he likes to play golf? Plenty of gear for this sport is waiting for you to choose from: golf clubs, golf mats, golf gloves, tool bags, or even a golf outfit isn’t a bad idea.
Interest-Based Anniversary Gift
If he doesn’t like sports, then he must have something else. You still have a lot of anniversary gift ideas for your husband.
A book on a subject he loves if he’s a bookworm. If he is a collector, add something to his collection, such as a rare stamp or a unique badge. How could he not scream with joy!
A bouquet of flowers is always an ideal traditional gift chosen by gentlemen to give their wives on their 59th wedding anniversary. A bouquet of her favorite flowers is enough to make her feel happy and grateful.
You can also select the type of flower based on its meaning. For example, red roses represent romantic love, orchid means passionate love, daffodil symbolizes appreciation and respect for your partner, and hydrangea delivers your sincere feelings.
Particularly for roses, the number of flowers also has many meanings. You can give one flower with the message “only you in my heart”, nine roses with the meaning “I adore you forever,” 20 flowers – “I love you with all my heart,” or buy 59 roses to represent the number the year you’ve been together.
Every woman wants to become gorgeous with sparkling and luxurious jewelry, especially if it is a special wedding anniversary gift from her husband.
There are many different types of jewelry in terms of designs, styles, materials, and prices to choose from. In case you want to make a difference, order personalized designs with her name on it. We bet your woman will be on cloud nine thinking of how special she is for you.
Very few women resist the temptation of perfume, and if your wife is among the majority, surprise her on this occasion with a bottle of her favorite scent.
If Dior or Chanel is beyond your means, don’t hesitate to pick a more budget-friendly perfume, as what she really treasures is your care, not the value.
If your parents are fond of traveling, a pair of plane tickets to their dream place will be a meaningful present. Accompanied by a resort voucher at a hotel, resort, or homestay, what could be more wonderful.
Your parents will experience some private time, watching the sunset and sunrise together in a romantic and peaceful place.
Vouchers/Art Show Tickets
A voucher for a yoga class, gyms, baking, painting, or any field that your parents are interested in can make their day.
A pair of tickets to art shows such as plays and concerts is also worth considering. It would be a sweet date night for your parents to revive their youth.
A Secret Celebration
Secretly throwing your parents a small party to celebrate their 59th wedding commemoration is a great idea.
Just prepare flowers, food, candy, tea, or wine, decorative balloons, and invite some friends/relatives of your parents to come. Surely the special couple will burst with joy when surrounded by their beloved people.
Couple things always come out on top of an ideal gift for married couples since using these items reminds them of the other half. It could be decorations, or everyday items, such as a pair of mugs, a pair of pillows, a pair of t-shirts, or two winter scarves.
Anniversary Gift Baskets
This is not a new idea but is always appreciated and chosen by many customers. A traditional gift basket such as fruit, candy, wine, and chocolate dotted with flowers sent to your friend on their special occasion will certainly make a strong impression.
A picture frame, a painting, an elaborately stylized night lamp, or even a clock are all perfect ideas.
To select a well-fitted present, you can observe a bit of the homeowner’s decoration style, then pick up an elegant gift to blend in the overall look.
A 59th wedding ceremony cake is not only a surprise for your grandparents, but also an opportunity for all family members to enjoy and celebrate them together. You can prepare snacks, or add some tea, it will definitely make the sweet celebration more perfect and meaningful.
A Handmade Gift
No need to be too skillful, you can make a small and meaningful gift for grandparents on their special day. The idea may already be in your mind before, if not, many unique ideas for handmade wedding anniversary gifts by year on the internet or from your beloved are always available for you to refer to.
With simple and easy-to-find materials, including newspaper, seashells, wool, rope, dried flowers, leather, buttons, and more, you can create a card, a photo frame, or an ornament. This is a unique but traditional gift for your grandparents.
After 59 years of marriage, surely your grandparents have many sweet and memorable memories recorded through photos. So why not put them all together into an album? Each page will drive them back to the good old days and preserve those sweet moments forever.
How to Celebrate 59th Wedding Anniversary
A small celebration for just two people with bottles of wine, delicious food shimmering under the candlelight and melodious music is more than enough for two loving souls. After enjoying dinner, you two can swing to the beat of the music to recall the sweet years together.
Maybe it won’t be much different from your usual activities. But on this special day, give your partner a little surprise, such as breakfast served in bed, or spending all day together, doing things you are both fond of like going for a walk, taking care of the plants, reading, listening to music, or simply watch the peaceful sunrise and sunset together.
Host a 59th year anniversary celebration with your family members, including your children and grandchildren. Isn’t that the result of your marriage after a long journey together?
Celebrating a small party for everyone to prepare, cook, and decorate together is a special chance to deepen the family bond.
This style will include many activities that bring joy, fun, surprise, and laughter to the couple.
Get your whole family and friends together in a small celebration, where everyone enjoys food and engages in fun activities, such as sharing funny stories/memories related to the couple, drawing contests about the couple, or making a beautiful and unique family tree together.
59th Wedding Anniversary Cards
For couples who have spent nearly 60 years together, you need to keep a few points in mind when pick up an anniversary card:
Symbols of love are always the most appropriate choice. Pick cards with hearts and couples or images in the form of a couple/pair, such as a pair of wedding rings, a pair of birds, a pair of swans, or a pair of hands.
Additionally, letters and numbers are also preferred. The appropriate content on the card you should consider is “59th wedding anniversary” or “21535 days.”.
Besides choosing cards based on the couple’s favorite colors, shopping cards with gentle, neutral colors, maybe even a bit dark. Soft and deep colors of the card will highlight the main words/images on it.
The main material for making cards today is colored paper. If you want your card to stand out and be unique, you can select less common materials, like wood, wool, rope, fabric, leather, etc.
Or you can still go for paper cards but presented in a newer form such as pop-up cards, 3D cards, and so on. Although cards with unique materials and appearance may be a bit more expensive, it is well worth your money.
With a little time and ingenuity, you can completely make a handmade card for the 59th year anniversary. Regardless of the result, your effort and thoughtfulness will touch the left side of your partner.
Happy 59th Wedding Anniversary Wishes, Quotes
- Your fondness warms my heart. You are a wonderful gift from God to me.
- I adore you more and more with each passing year. May we have another year filled with joy.
- Everyday I discover that I love you even more, and in this infinite universe I will love you till the end. – Alicia N Green.
- The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re with each other all along. – Rumi.
- Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet. –Plato.
- Thank you for always being my rainbow after the storm. I will cherish you and your love as the greatest gift of my life!
- I adore you, even your imperfections. You are the most precious gift of my being!
- If I had to choose again, I would still choose you and build our marriage with you till the end.
- I cherish the warmth of being wrapped in the tenderness you give me.
- You and your care are all I need. Hope you will be surprised with this gift!
- When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. – William Shakespeare.
- No matter how many years have passed, I still cherish you like the first day. Send you this gift to prove my adoration.
- No matter how much time passes, I will never forget the first time I fell in love with your beautiful eyes and smile.
- Thank you for always being there and wishing me good night every single day for years.
- 59 years have passed and every day with you is my happiest day. Your joy and care for me is a gift I want to receive every day.
- The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our souls and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever. – Nicholas Sparks.
- So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you. – Paulo Coelho
- If someone wanted me to describe you in 2 words, I would say: “simply amazing”!
- Thank you for showing me what true love is. You are my greatest gift!
- The best thing I decided to do is share my soul and heart with you.
- I hope your anniversary will bring you many happy and beautiful memories. You deserve all the luck and happiness in the world.
- Thank you for loving each other all these years and giving us a happy family! Your tenderness is my gift, it makes me stronger and more confident. Congratulations, Mom and Dad!
- Whenever this day comes, I feel happy and grateful because my parents have always been together from time to time. Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad!
- Hope that each passing year will bring you closer, always be happy and cherish each other!
- With each passing year, your marriage does not become dull, old and emotionless, but more beautiful and priceless.
- To the best mom and dad in the world! You are each other’s best gift! I wish my Mom and Dad a very happy anniversary.
- I’m really happy that you guys are steadfast in your marriage and overcome obstacles together. I am proud of you, Mom and Dad!
- Your beautiful love story is my inspiration in the following years! Wishing you always adore each other forever!
- I hope this wonderful marriage between you two will last for another 1000 years. Your marriage gives me a lot of inspiration. You two have always been the greatest parents in the world!
- You two made me realize that true love exists! It’s an honor to be your child! Happy memories!
- May your marriage always be fresh. Happy Anniversary!
- You two were born for each other. You are each other’s best gift! Happy Anniversary!
- Sending tenderness and best wishes to our favorite couple! Congratulations!
- May your marriage always be full of joy, fun, harmony and happiness. Happy Anniversary!
- May your love never end! Don’t lose your precious gift, your life partner! Congratulations on your 59th wedding anniversary!
- Wishing you both a long and happy life on this great occasion! You are each other’s perfect gift! Happy Anniversary!
- Sending the two of you the most sincere and happy wishes on this special occasion. Congratulations!
- Wish you two always happy and peace in life and your marriage! Congratulations!
- Wishing you both a beautiful life and an endless love story! Hope you like this special gift! Happy Anniversary!
- May life treat you well because you really deserve it! Congratulations!
- The fondness that you share makes me believe that happiness can be achieved forever. May your marriage continue to grow stronger over the years! Happy Anniversary!
- You two are proof that age is not the limit of love. As the years go by, grandpa’s love is the most precious gift for grandma, and vice versa. Happy Wedding Anniversary, Grandpa and Grandma!
- Today is a special day for grandpa and grandma, may we continue to celebrate today for many more years to come. Happy Anniversary!
- The union of the two of you is one of the sweetest bonds I’ve ever seen, you both radiate love around you. Happy anniversary!
- May you grow old in each other’s warmth! Your marriage is a precious gift to everyone! Congratulations!
- I wish you more strength and even more adoration in this marriage. May you always be each other’s most precious gift! Congratulations!
- Your marriage is an inspiration that anyone can have a happy marriage despite obstacles and struggles.
- Congratulations on my grandparent’s wedding anniversary, you are great treasures that can’t be compared.
- May your tenderness for each other constantly flourish. Congratulations!
- I wish one day there will be a love like the love of grandpa and grandma. Your marriage is my inspiration. I love everything about your love!
Something Different & Unique
Recreate The First Date
One of you will surprise the other by recreating your first date. If it’s at a restaurant or a coffee shop, reserve a table for the day, order dishes you’ve enjoyed and reminiscent of old times.
If your first date is outdoors, then bring your partner there and have an intimate picnic just the two of you. Let she/he once again relive the sweet memories when you two first fell in love.
A Sweet Video Clip
If you already have a lot of photos of the couple, why not create a music clip that combines their photos to create an interesting and sweet story?
Each year since the two people got married will appear in turn, with all the emotions of joy and sadness, ups and downs, and unforgettable experiences.
At the end of the clip, each family and friends should send their best wishes to the couple. Undoubtedly this will be one of the wedding anniversary gift ideas they will never forget.
Question and Answer
What Is A Traditional Gift For A 59th Wedding Anniversary?
Most countries in the world do not have a traditional gift for the 59th wedding anniversary, except France with wedding anniversary gifts related to Olive.
Therefore, you can buy an Olive-related traditional gift, such as a pair of massage oils made from extra virgin olives, a lovely potted olive tree, or a decorative gift in the shape of olive leaves.
Otherwise, plump for a gift according to the couple’s preferences or your budget. Any wedding anniversary gift that comes from sincerity, whether expensive or cheap, is meaningful.
What Is The 59th Wedding Anniversary Color?
There are no specific colors for the 59th year anniversary. Therefore, you are free to choose the color according to your preferences. However, gentle colors will be preferred, especially for those who have spent 59 years together.
Some colors you can refer to on this occasion include: pastel colors, silver, mint, pink, baby blue, blush, mauve, gray, and purple.
What Is The 59th Year Anniversary Flower?
The flower/tree associated with the 59th year anniversary is the Olive tree. This is a symbol of peace, prosperity, health, and abundance and is often given to couples in the hope that they will have many children and grandchildren. That’s because in ancient Greece, an Olive tree symbolizes fertility.
Therefore, giving a pot of Olive tree to the couple who will celebrate their 59th wedding anniversary to bless their marriage to always grow and multiply is a perfect choice.
This year, send your loved one a big surprise on their wedding anniversary to remind them of the happy and sad memories that have been experienced for 59 years of marriage.
The suggestions that we have given above are sure to blow up your mind with ideas to celebrate the 59th wedding anniversary in the most impressive and special way.Whether you are one of the couple or the loved ones around them, just express your heart sincerely, they will feel extremely satisfied and touched indeed. May your bond always last forever, an inspiration to those around. Happy 59th wedding anniversary!
Refer to some other posts:
- 85th Wedding Anniversary – An Important Milestone
- How To Make The 69th Wedding Anniversary Unforgettable
- 54th Wedding Anniversary: 10 Best Gifts Ideas
- 75th Wedding Anniversary – A Complete Guide