Only a few couples can experience the blessing of celebrating the 60th wedding anniversary, making it arguably an occasion worthy of celebration. When the special day is around the corner, there must be some preparation to commemorate the beauty of a 60-year marriage.
Whether it is because you’re planning for the anniversary of your loved ones or it’s your own celebration, it’s great to know more about this marriage milestone, the meaning behind its name, symbols to have the best gift and celebration ideas.
60th Wedding Anniversary Name
The important hallmark of the 60th wedding anniversary is referred to as the Diamond Anniversary. The word “diamond” originates from ancient Greek “Adamus”, which means unconquerable and indestructible. There is no better epithet for such a significant anniversary.
Undoubtedly, the color, flower, gemstones, and gift ideas for this wedding celebration all center around the Diamond theme.
60th Wedding Anniversary Flowers
The 60th wedding anniversary is one of the few marital milestones that go without a traditional flower. Yet, gifting flowers to your other half is still a romantic gesture on such a momentous occasion.
You can choose a bouquet based on the Victorian language of flowers or the freshest flowers in the season. When in doubt, create a bunch of your spouse’s favorite flowers or colors or something that speaks to his/her personality.
60th Wedding Anniversary Color
The official color of the 60th wedding anniversary is diamond white. For this reason, the decoration theme of the 60th-anniversary parties, gift ideas, and anniversary cards are associated with the color white.
60th Wedding Anniversary Gemstone
The diamond has been a symbolic gemstone of the 60th wedding anniversary for over 100 years. It is the hardest material known on Earth and has mainly signified strength and invincibility – the qualities of such a long-lived marriage.
In addition, the beauty of diamonds only flourishes after going through hard pressures, just like how you and your spouse witnessed tough times all these years but still committed to each other.
60th Anniversary Modern Gift
The 60th-anniversary gift was not included in the original anniversary list until Queen Victoria celebrated her Diamond Jubilee to commemorate her six decades on the throne of the British Empire.
Not long before, diamond, the symbol of endurance, became both conventional and modern gift ideas. Modern anniversary gifts are associated with diamonds. It can be jewelry, or watches, rings, bracelets that feature diamonds.
However, nowadays, diamonds do not hit the right note for many people. Spending over half of their lives together means the couple already has what they want and is not interested in collecting more things. Alternative gift ideas are everything meaningful and align with the downsizing goal that the receivers are striving to achieve.
60th Wedding Anniversary Gifts Ideas
- Wine Club Subscription
If your husband is a wine-lover, a wine club subscription will make his day. Since many wine clubs offer wine choices carefully tailored to their subscribers, your husband can indulge himself a bit with his favorite tastes.
A quality timepiece is an amazing gift to any man. Gifting watches is also a means of expressing your love for him and your desire to be by his side for the rest of his life.
- Custom Map Print
Give him a personalized map print showing the first place where you two uttered “I love you” or “I do”. Besides the time and place, you can add your message to the print. This one-of-a-kind gift with a special meaning will surely bring a grin to your husband’s face.
- Diamond Watch
If you’re seeking something on theme with the anniversary, an exquisite watch from famous brands, such as Tiffany, is a great idea. A piece with baguette diamonds will look chic on your wife’s wrist while exuding the vibe of your diamond anniversary.
- Personalized Anniversary Journal
Keep track of the special memories in a personalized journal and give it to your wife on that special day. With the memories that you and your wife shared over the past 60 years, we’re sure you never lack the words and stories to tell.
A scarf is a long-lasting present that not only keeps the wearer warm but also makes her stand out from the crowd as a fashion statement. Gifting a scarf to your partner is also a sign of respect and appreciation towards your spouse.
- Wedding Vow Picture Frame
With a nice picture of your parents and their wedding vows or meaningful lyrics, you can create a wedding anniversary gift that can bring their eyes to tears. This gift can be even more thoughtful if you add names, the location, and the special date to the photo.
- Matching T-Shirts
Wearing a matching T-shirt set is the simplest way to advertise your connection to the world. There is no need for lengthy explanations or relationship announcements since the shirts themselves are a clear indication that you and your partner belong to each other.
- Personalized Anniversary Planter Crate
Your parents will warmly appreciate something as simple as this personalized planter crate. It can spark their interest in gardening or simply further nurture it.
- Crystal Champagne Glasses
Two charming champagne glasses with the name and wedding date engraved on them make a thoughtful gift that the happy couple will enjoy using for years to come. Imagine they’ll use these glasses to toast 60 years, 65 years, 70 years, and more of marriage bliss together.
- Soothing Stone Diffuser
In addition to scenting the house, a stone essential oil diffuser also adds to your space’s aesthetic appeal. There are various shapes and colors for diffusers in the market, so make sure you choose the one that aligns with the couple house’s theme.
- Diamond Whiskey Glass Set
Whiskey glasses are the perfect anniversary gift for whisky-loving couples. Consider choosing those glasses with diamond cut to make the gift more appropriate for the Diamond Anniversary.
- Sleep Foam Mattress
A good memory foam mattress means better sleep quality, making it one of the popular gifting ideas for grandparents. Let’s celebrate your grandparents’ 60 years of marriage by treating them to a more quality night’s sleep!
- Bathtub Tray
Bath trays are designed for ultimate relaxation. Your grandparents can bring anything they love into the bathroom, from smartphones, candles, spa accessories to a glass of wine for their downtime.
- Personalized Anniversary Wall Plaque
This gift idea can capture everything your grandparents shared over 60 years of marriage. It should be a focal point in the house that reminds a happy couple of what their love has achieved over these years.
60th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
A couple’s 60th wedding anniversary is worthy of celebration. After over half a decade, your parents or grandparents are still committed to each other and deserve a big party.
Your parents undoubtedly want to be surrounded by their children, grandchildren, and old friends. For the decoration, go for the Diamond theme with white and sparkly decorative items. Also, the party should have details that connect with important events in their lives. Pick foods, music, or maybe flowers associated with a special memory to bring them back to their favorite times.
For entertainment, start with an old, special song from 60 years ago, followed by a private concert performed by family and friends. The couple and everyone will have a good time in this intimate celebration.
Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary Wishes, Quotes
- “I didn’t think it was possible, but I love you more and more with each passing year. Here’s to another year filled with love! Happy our Diamond Anniversary!”
- “Biology says that a man’s behavior changes as he ages. But you had proved that wrong because you’re still as romantic and charming as you were when we started dating. Happy anniversary.”
- “You’re butter to my bread, the breath to my life.”
- “Our anniversary is just a momentary celebration, but our marriage is a timeless one.”
- “The last 60 years have flown by, and every second with you has been like a dream. Thank you for making me the happiest and luckiest man alive over all those years.”
- “When I married you, I made the greatest decision of my life. I’ve since been blessed with a happiness I never knew possible and will be forever grateful for having you by my side. Happy 60th anniversary, my true love.”
- “It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.”
- “In you, I’ve found the love of my life and my closest, truest friend.”
- “All wedding anniversaries are special, but this one is extraordinary! You’re such a wonderful couple, and we’re proud to be part of your family.”
- “What a gift to grow up in a home filled with the love you have for each other. Best wishes for a very happy 60th anniversary.”
- “You don’t marry someone you can live with. You marry the person who you cannot live without.”
- “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.”
- “I have rarely wished anyone a diamond wedding anniversary. I am amazed by how you always love and support each other. Happy diamond anniversary to my favorite couple!”
- “Life is a small journey, and you two walked on together holding hands and made this journey a beautiful one. Happy 60th anniversary, love. We wish you never-ending happiness.”
- “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.”
- “Those that truly love, have roots that grow towards each other underground. And when all the pretty blossoms have fallen from their branches, they find that they are one tree and not two.”
- “If anyone asked me what kind of love I want, I would say a love story just like yours. Happy 60th anniversary to this perfect match. Know that you both are always loved and adored.”
- “I hope I’m as lucky as you are and get to spend 60 years married to my true love. I’m so glad I get to spend such a special occasion with two such special people – my grandparents. Happy 60th anniversary.”
- “The roots of a family tree begin with the love of two hearts.”
- “True love isn’t Romeo and Juliet who died together. It’s Grandma and Grandpa who grew old together.”
60th Wedding Anniversary Cards
Since the theme color of the Diamond Anniversary, you’ll come across white wedding anniversary cards. Here are some suggestions for your consideration:
60th Wedding Anniversary Poems
Love is not simple, yet that’s what you two still share throughout six decades:
“Love is not as simple
as candlelight and roses…
…love is day-to-day living,
taking time, making time to be there,
with open arms and a giving heart…
Love is the special life we share.
Happy 60th wedding Anniversary.”
Question And Answer
What Is The Traditional Gift For A 60th Wedding Anniversary?
The 60th wedding anniversary is a remarkable milestone that not many couples experience. For this reason, it is conventionally celebrated with gifts made out of the enduring and indestructible material – diamonds.
What Is The Symbol For The 60th Wedding Anniversary?
Diamond, the hardest substance on the planet, is the symbol of this significant marriage celebration. It represents the unbreakable bond and indissoluble love of couples.
The 60th wedding anniversary honors the enduring love and long-lived commitment of the couple. Hopefully, you will soon find a meaningful and unique gift idea for your loved ones after reading this article.
Even if you can’t decide now, don’t worry, be patient, and keep looking. Remember that no matter what you do or offer them, they will still love and appreciate it as long as it comes from your undivided affection.
Refer to some other posts:
- The Perfect Celebrating Plan for 48th Wedding Anniversary
- 64th wedding anniversary – Make It Unforgettable!
- 54th Wedding Anniversary: 10 Best Gifts Ideas
- Putting Everything Together For The 38th Wedding Anniversary